playing card from the astronomia card game, published by f.g. moon, london, 1829
There’s a common misconception that Twinsouls and Twinflames are the same thing. They aren’t. There’s even a misconception that a soulmate is a general statement and there’s a lot of confusion about it that we’re going to put to rest.
- A Twinsoul is your ultimate PLATONIC complement
- A twinsoul is a friend that you have had for numerous lifetimes that may have been your ongoing best friend or family member. When you’re around them, everything you hide about yourself comes to the surface and you are continuously pushed whether you like it or not. You may even feel sexually attracted to them but the attraction pales in comparison to the attraction you feel for your twinflame.
A twinsoul is a member of your soulgroup that is a part of the soul family that follows you around during your lifetimes or is waiting to throw a party for you when you cross over. Even if you fight with your twinsoul and swear to god that you won’t speak to them for a decade, you start to hate the fact that they’re not around because a piece of yourself is missing. They represent the checks and balances that you need for your personality.
- A Twinflame is your ultimate ROMANTIC complement
- A twinflame is the person that you’d die for in a heartbeat. That you’d walk into traffic for or still be in love with if they suffered 3rd degree burns or were severely mutilated beyond repair. Regardless of what you thought your physical preferences in someone were, your twinflame is going to trump that. You are going to be in love with their SOUL regardless of their casing. Your twinflame represents everything that YOU hide in yourself. Think you’re secretly a coward or you like controlling people? Your twinflame will be the outer manifestation of that and you will be the manifestation of what THEY hide in themselves.
Your twinflame relationship is ultimately the most transformative. They’ll be that person that can make you cry with just a sentence because everything they say seems to trigger you. Your twinflame is the person that will set your soul on fire and you will subconsciously try to find them in every person you date or marry until you actually get ahold of them. Until you find them, everyone will represent a piece of them.
"Empathic connection is an understanding of the heart in which we see the beauty in the other person, the divine energy in the other person, the life that’s alive in them."
We’re a blog that’s dedicated to helping people come into and navigate their spiritual and psychic awareness. We cater to beginners and we’d like to reach out to those that regularly comb this tag. This blog is ran by a clairaudient dominant medium (me) and an empath. We’re sharing our experiences and the gradual knowledge base we’re building in hopes that it helps anyone out there who’s reading :)
In addition to this post, the empath on this blog - Christina, is going to make an audio post to help motivate those that are curious or need help with their empathy. Keep an eye out open for it. It’ll be moving through this tag very shortly.
Being an empath can be an extremely tricky thing. You walk into a room and you feel the full blast of the emotions around you - whether the people that are feeling them are conscious of it or not. Sometimes you may inherit other people’s emotions and they “stick” with you and it’ll be tough to shake them. The problem with this is that there aren’t enough guides out there that are helping people slapped silly by their empathic abilities.
As you’re learning to accept your empathy or to simply live with it, its important to learn how to set boundaries. Thick, impenetrable boundaries. Many empaths have yet to master this because they think that there’s no way to “turn it off.” You can’t necessarily turn off your empathy, but there are ways to manage it better .
- > When you absorb people’s emotions without your permission and they dominate your OWN emotional flow, you need to set up a wall. You can form this wall by telling yourself that “you” have personal power. You build that castle, set up that moat, or make that 50 inch thick wide cement wall that separates them from you. Its fine to feel emotional energy, but not to the point where you fall victim to their own.
- > Sometimes empaths fall into the trap of martyring themselves or being too selfless because they think that they always have to carry everyone’s weight. They’ll tend to be the nurses or caretakers amongst their groups of friends and it can become very destructive if they think they always have to “save” people. You can help someone, but you should never think you have to “save” them because you’re naturally more sensitive, especially to humanity.
- > Do not fall into playing the victim. In addition to that trap, sometimes empaths can use their empathy as a tool to manipulate other people because it can be difficult to manage that they paint themselves as powerless. Lower octave and destructive empaths tend to take on this habit. Being an empath is a gift used to bridge a gap to others and is also a gift to yourself. It is not a weapon.
If you learn to set up a wall and to constantly remember that you’re in control, you’ll be fine. At some point you’ll be able to determine how much of someone else’s emotional flow you want to take on if they’re smaller and less intense. But naturally, if someone’s emotional flow is too intense you won’t always be able to stand it or be around them. If this happens, let their emotions ride through yours by letting them run their course, and promptly flowing out of you. By being an empath, you are a wave. If you take on too many emotions, you get stuck and if you try to block them out, you’re also stuck. The trick is to just let go and the experience of their emotions will happen quickly if you don’t become fixated on them.
We’ll be posting more about empathy over time. I personally know that there are a lot of people out there who might need advice because it can be incredibly difficult to straddle. Don’t worry, though. The Doctor thinks you’re the most compassionate people out there.